Through an unbiased lens, Drumbeat helps new Canadians and racialized communities tackle stigma and remove barriers to accessing resources and knowledge surrounding HIV, hepatitis C, and other sexually transmitted and blood-borne infections (STBBIs). With a people-focused approach we work to reduce STBBI transmission for anyone affected, including African, Caribbean and Black (ACB) communities.
Key program activities
- Education for clients and staff in programs and organizations serving ethnocultural and ACB communities
- Outreach at ethnocultural and ACB community gathering places such as immigrant-serving organizations churches, businesses, cultural associations, and events
- Consultation on best practices and cultural competency training for engaging ethnocultural and ACB communities in health and social services
- Free harm reduction supplies and information material in the community
- Special events, meetings and groups focusing on the needs of the community We are a member of CHABAC, a national network of organizations, individuals and other stakeholders committed to ending the HIV/AIDS epidemic among the African, Caribbean and Black populations in Canada.